Dishonesty offences are acts committed with dishonest or fraudulent intent.
Jasper Fogerty Lawyers provide specialist legal advice and advocacy for all dishonesty offences, including:
- stealing as a servant
- receiving tainted property
- forgery and uttering
- social security and Centrelink fraud
- making a false declaration.
Dishonesty offences are treated seriously under Queensland law, in some cases resulting in a maximum penalty of 15 years of imprisonment.
Many factors influence how serious a dishonesty offence is, including:
- the amount of money involved and whether it has been repaid
- the degree and sophistication and the extent of any cover-up
- the length of time
- whether or not there has been a breach of trust e.g. in an employer-employee relationship
- the reason for the offending and whether the offence was committed for 'need' or 'greed'.
Make us your first call.
You need a dedicated, experienced lawyer on your side. That’s us.