The penalties for drugs offences vary and include ‘drug diversion’, fines, probation and community service, and lengthy periods of imprisonment.
Our experience is your advantage
Examples of outstanding results we have achieved in drugs law include:
- early discontinuation of drug trafficking charges due to insufficient evidence
- 'not guilty verdicts' on drug possession and drug trafficking charges due to successfully arguing that the police search was unlawful
- representing clients charged with some of the largest drug trafficking and supply operations in Queensland history
- successfully negotiating with the prosecution to reduce the number and level of charges to enable clients to avoid a sentence of actual custody
- successfully achieving drug diversion and ‘no conviction recorded’ outcomes for young first-time offenders charged with a minor drug possession offence
- achieving a rare ‘good behaviour bond’ and ‘no conviction recorded’ outcome for a client charged with importing steroids under Commonwealth drugs laws.
You’re in expert hands
Julia Jasper and Rebecca Fogerty have appeared in countless drugs trials and sentences in the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts of Queensland.
They have unrivalled experience representing clients charged with possessing, supplying or trafficking illegal drugs.
We’ll conduct a thorough analysis of your case to identify the best strategy for you.
Where appropriate, we’ll work with experts, such as doctors or barristers, to provide the best advice and clear options.
We care about you
We know that drug charges often relate to underlying personal issues.
We care about the wellbeing of our clients, not just legal results. So we support our clients to access community support, drug diversion and/or psychological help if they desire it.
If you or someone you know needs help or advice about drug abuse or addiction, we recommend contacting Queensland Health’s Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) on 1800 177 833.
It’s a free, 24/7 service providing information, support and referrals.
Make us your first call.
You need a dedicated, experienced lawyer on your side. That’s us.