Our services also include:
- fraudulent misrepresentation
- ASIC investigations
- corruption and bribery in public office
- computer hacking, cybercrime and misuse of digital information
- Customs Act offences.
Where appropriate, we work with external specialists such as accountants, auditors and computer forensic analysts to achieve excellent results.
You’re in expert hands
Julia Jasper is the only criminal lawyer in Queensland who holds dual qualifications as a criminal defence specialist and chartered accountant.
She has decades of experience working as an accountant and as a Senior Financial Investigator for the Western Australian Police Force and the Crime and Corruption Commission in Queensland.
Julia’s unique skills and experience give her an unrivalled advantage in all criminal matters involving financial or corporate proceedings.
Our experience is your advantage
We have successfully defended many white-collar crime charges, including:
- acting on behalf of one of the defendants in Australia’s biggest tax fraud arising from Operation Wickenby
- successfully appealing against a sentence in respect of an offshore tax avoidance scheme to the value of $4.95 million
- achieving a verdict of ‘not guilty’ for a senior public servant charged with corporate credit card misuse
- defending charges of stealing as a servant and fraud where the alleged amounts were millions of dollars
- representing cases involving large-scale allegations of defrauding the Commonwealth, including defrauding the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and Medicare
- defending local council corruption investigations and prosecutions, including charges of receiving secret commissions and official corruption
- acting in sentence proceedings for Corporations Act breaches, where charges were downgraded following extensive negotiations with the prosecution
- attending compulsory ASIC interviews with clients
- resolving large proceeds of crime matters.
Make us your first call.
You need a dedicated, experienced lawyer on your side. That’s us.