Jasper Fogerty Lawyers have substantial experience in all aspects of traffic law, including work licence applications, special hardship orders, drink and drug driving, unlicensed and disqualified driving and speeding infringements.
In Queensland, mandatory driver licence disqualifications are imposed for a range of traffic offences, including drink driving and disqualified driving. Obtaining early and comprehensive legal advice may assist you to avoid the loss of your licence.
We understand that appearing in court on a traffic matter is an intimidating experience for most people. We also realize that the potential loss of your driver licence may cause serious financial, social and personal hardship.
Julia Jasper and Rebecca Fogerty personally undertake almost all of their own courtroom advocacy for traffic matters. We will begin by meeting with you and explaining the range of available options, including whether you are eligible for a work licence. We will then appear for you at the hearing of your matter and use our advanced advocacy skills to seek the best possible outcome available in the circumstances of your case.
Some of our previous cases include:
- Successfully negotiating with the prosecution to discontinue unlicensed driving charges;
- Obtaining a work licence for first-time drink driving offences;
- Successfully applying for 24-hours a day 7 days a week Special Hardship Orders;
- Achieving the mandatory minimum disqualification period for a repeat drink driving clients;
- Avoiding a sentence of actual custody for clients with serious traffic histories, including multiple convictions for unlicensed driving, disqualified driving and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle;
- Successfully negotiating with the prosecution to have careless driving offences downgraded to infringement notice offences;
- Achieving a verdict of “not guilty” for speeding infringement matters.