Jasper Fogerty Lawyers provide specialist legal advice and advocacy for all dishonesty offences, including:
- Stealing as a servant;
- Receiving tainted property;
- Forgery and uttering;
- Social security and Centrelink fraud; and
- Making a false declaration.
We are also expert White-Collar Crime lawyers.
Dishonesty offences are treated seriously under Queensland law, in some cases attracting a maximum penalty of 15 years’ imprisonment.
The core aspect of these offences is that the person charged acted with dishonest or fraudulent intent.
Many factors bear on how serious a dishonesty offence is, including:
- The amount of money involved and whether it has been repaid;
- The degree of sophistication and the extent of any cover-up;
- The length of time;
- Whether or not there has been a breach of trust, for instance, an employer-employee relationship; and
- The reason for the offending and whether the offence was committed for “need or greed”.
Julia Jasper is the only criminal lawyer in Queensland who holds dual qualifications as a criminal defence specialist and Chartered Accountant. She has more than 12 years’ experience working as a an accountant in the corporate world and as a Senior Financial Investigator for the Western Australian Police Force and the Crime and Corruption Commission in Queensland. Julia’s unique skills and experience give her an unrivalled advantage in all criminal matters involving a financial or corporate aspect and in proceeds of crime proceedings. We also appreciate how new and emerging technologies are changing the face of how dishonesty offences are investigated.
Why choose Jasper Fogerty Lawyers?
- Leading Queensland lawyers. We offer superior, strategic and confident representation for dishonesty offences. We are QLS Accredited Specialists in Criminal Law and have over 20 years of combined experience in the criminal justice system.
- Experienced and proven. We are experienced and highly respected advocateswho appear in all Queensland Courts. We personally undertake almost all sentence advocacy on behalf of clients charged with dishonesty matters in the Magistrates Court.
- Thorough and strategic. We analyse every case on its individual merits, and will explore every angle to achieve the best outcome for you.
- Accessible and responsive. We are personally reachable by our clients, with a commitment to swift and timely responses.
- Holistic and personalised. Where appropriate, we work with highly regarded barristers, medical and health professionals and other experts to ensure that all aspects of your case are dealt with.
- Competitive rates. Our experience and commitment to justice allows us to provide superior representation at affordable rates.