Jasper Fogerty Lawyers have wide experience dealing with the full range of sexual offences. As Accredited Specialists in Criminal Law, Julia Jasper and Rebecca Fogerty are uniquely placed to provide you with strong and proactive representation and advocacy.
Sexual offences are among the most serious charges in the Queensland criminal law. Penalties of imprisonment (involving actual custody) are routinely handed down by the Courts. In addition, there are often significant other consequences, including failure to obtain a Blue Card, restrictions on international travel and being subject to reporting requirements under the Child Protection (Offender Reporting) Act.
Julia and Rebecca have proven trial and advocacy experience for sexual offences. Our expertise includes:
- Indecent treatment of a child;
- Sexual assault;
- Possessing Child Exploitation Material;
- Unlawful Carnal Knowledge;
- Making Child Exploitation Material;
- Grooming offences;
- Maintaining a sexual relationship with a Child.
We provide legal representation at all stages of your matter, including the initial police investigation, bail application (if any), preliminary court appearances and the final hearing. We also provide advice for people who haven’t been charged yet but are worried they might be.
We have appeared in countless sexual offences trials and sentences in the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts of Queensland. Where possible, we will explore alternative dispute resolution options such as justice mediation, which, if successful, may save you both time and cost.
We conduct a thorough analysis for each individual case to identify the best strategy for you. Examples of the outstanding results we have achieved for our clients include:
- “not guilty” verdicts in jury and magistrate trials;
- No conviction recorded for unlawful carnal knowledge;
- negotiated the withdrawal/discontinuation of rape offences;
- securing downgrade to lesser charges for clients;
- getting non-custodial sentences such as wholly suspended sentences, probation, community service, fines and good behaviour bonds.
Why choose Jasper Fogerty Lawyers?
- Leading Queensland lawyers. We offer superior, strategic and confident representation for sexual offences. We are QLS Accredited Specialists in Criminal Law and have over 20 years of combined experience in the criminal justice system.
- Experienced and proven. We are experienced and highly respected advocates who appear in all Queensland Courts. We personally undertake almost all sentence advocacy on behalf of clients charged with sex matters in the Magistrates Court.
- Thorough and strategic. We analyse every case on its individual merits, and will explore every angle to achieve the best outcome for you.
- Accessible and responsive. We are personally reachable by our clients, with a commitment to swift and timely responses.
- Holistic and personalised. Where appropriate, we work with highly regarded barristers, medical and health professionals and other experts to ensure that all aspects of your case are dealt with.
- Competitive rates. Our experience and commitment to justice allows us to provide superior representation at affordable rates.