If you are charged with a drug offence, it is important that you seek experienced and specialist lawyers who will work to ensure that you achieve the best result possible.
Due to technological advances and enhanced police investigative practices, there has been an increase in drugs crime prosecutions. The penalties for drugs offences vary and include “drug diversion”, fines, probation and community service and lengthy periods of imprisonment. Many countries now require disclosure of drug convictions, even where the offence is minor or the outcome involves “no conviction recorded”.
Julia Jasper and Rebecca Fogerty are some of Queensland’s most experienced drugs crime lawyers. We have substantial experience in drugs law, including drug trafficking, supply and possession, illicit drug precursors and the emerging areas of synthetics and online drug markets. We have built a reputation advising and representing clients in a complex and rapidly changing area of law.
Our practice comprises all aspects of drugs law representation, including:
- Possessing dangerous drugs;
- Supplying dangerous drugs;
- Trafficking in dangerous drugs;
- Producing dangerous drugs;
- Steroids and other illicit performance enhancing drugs;
- Synthetics and emerging online drugs markets;
- Proceeds of crime confiscations proceedings;
- Commonwealth importation and Customs Act offences;
- ACC and CCC hearings.
Examples of outstanding results we have achieved in the area of drugs law include:
- Early discontinuation of drug trafficking charges due to insufficient evidence;
- Not guilty verdicts on drug possession and drug trafficking charges due to successfully arguing that the police search was unlawful;
- Representing clients charged with some of the largest drug trafficking and supply operations in Queensland history;
- Successfully negotiating with the prosecution to reduce the number and level of charges to enable clients to avoid a sentence of actual custody;
- Successfully achieving drug diversion and “no conviction recorded” outcomes for young first-time offenders charged with a minor drug possession offence;
- Achieving a rare “good behaviour bond” and “no conviction recorded” outcome for a client charged with importing steroids under Commonwealth drugs laws.
We pride ourselves on taking a holistic approach to drugs matters. We understand that drugs charges often relate to underlying personal issues. When appropriate, we support our clients to access community support, drug diversion, and psychological help if desired.
You can read more about personal use drugs offences here.
If you or a family member need help or advice about drug abuse or addiction, we recommend contacting Queensland Health’s Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) on 1800 177 833. It is a free, 24/7 service which provides information, support, and referrals.
Why choose Jasper Fogerty Lawyers?
- Leading Queensland lawyers. We offer superior, strategic and confident representation for drugs charges. We are QLS Accredited Specialists in Criminal Law and have over 20 years of combined experience in the criminal justice system.
- Experienced and proven. We are experienced and highly respected advocates who appear in all Queensland Courts. We personally undertake almost all sentence advocacy on behalf of clients charged with assault matters in the Magistrates Court.
- Thorough and strategic. We analyse every case on its individual merits, and will explore every angle to achieve the best outcome for you.
- Accessible and responsive. We are personally reachable by our clients, with a commitment to swift and timely responses.
- Holistic and personalised. Where appropriate, we work with highly regarded barristers, medical and health professionals and other experts to ensure that all aspects of your case are dealt with.
- Competitive rates. Our experience and commitment to justice allows us to provide superior representation at affordable rates.